Saturday, February 4, 2012

Weekend Project-Citrus Sea Salt Body Scrub

The rain is pouring down today at my house.  It's one of those days where you just don't want to leave the comfort of the dry living room.  In other words, it's a great day to pamper yourself at home.  Today's weekend project is all about that, and even better, you probably have all of the ingredients you need already in your kitchen.

This citrus sea salt body scrub is so super duper easy to make, you'll want to make a whole batch, like I did!  Trust me, once you try it, you'll be glad you made extras because you won't want to run out.  Talk about smooth skin!




As much as I love this scrub, I cannot take credit for the recipe.  I'd never even made a scrub before this, so I went in search of an easy recipe to start with.  This scrub, found here is quick and easy and perfect for a spontaneous crafty morning.

What you need:
-1/2 c sea salt
-1/2 c olive oil
-1/2 tsp lemon zest
-1/2 tsp orange zest

To make this scrub, you just take all of these ingredients and combine them in a  dry bowl, mixing well.  The recipe makes 2 of these little jars, or you can put them in larger jars.  These were made to give as Christmas gifts (don't worry, I saved a few for myself!) so I kept them in small jars.

I hope you get a chance to make this scrub today! Trust me, you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment